Here is why I switched from Google Analytics to Plausible, a capable alternative compatible with my stance on privacy protection.
Apple's CEO: Tim Cook The retired and well-known tech journalist, Walt Mossberg, publishes his view of Apple's last decade. His comment about the lack of blockbuster products in the last ten years is surprising considering the very popular AirPods and Apple Watch. But, it is true that these products are nowhere to be as big... Continue Reading →
Here is why I won't return to Facebook anytime soon. Things have to change at this company. Or it will come from within or it will be imposed sometimes from the outside. I'm patiently waiting for this to happen. Great speech by Sacha Baron Cohen. https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1197905317427847168?s=20
Don’t forget an important part of Apple Forget about the latest AirPods Pro or the upcoming Mac Pro. Don’t think about the latest episode of For All Mankind. What Apple would like us to think about is how they care about Privacy. Head to the Apple web site to learn more and see many clever... Continue Reading →
https://twitter.com/jack/status/1189634360472829952 Please, read the thread which explains the decision I applaud this decision by Twitter's CEO. It is precisely what the doctor ordered. Look at the likes and retweets count from his followers. It is clear people are approving this move. It is not only about being able to put money behind, but it is... Continue Reading →
Can privacy be simple? This is what Apple is trying to say with this latest ad on its YouTube channel. https://youtu.be/Py0acqg1oKc With aerial scenes of offices in skyscrapers, background piano coupled with a female voiceover, Apple puts up what privacy is all about. The message is simple, clear, concise. Great ad but it is always... Continue Reading →
For a few days now, I'm receiving calls from all around the world. The vast majority of them coming from Africa and some from Central America. The only time I answered, nobody was talking. I know of many people, including me, get phone calls with recorded message in Chinese. These calls are different. I don't... Continue Reading →
Following the publication of my long blog post about Siri privacy protection this week, I read a follow-up post from John Gruber on Daringfireball. He writes (emphasis is mine): My take on this saga was severely critical, but I am convinced this was a mistake — really, a series of mistakes — on Apple’s part, not an indication that the... Continue Reading →
In late July, the news broke out that some contractors working for Apple had access to Siri’s voice recordings from users around the world to help tweak Siri performance. A month later, what happened? Is Apple’s handling of the issue been up to their high standards on privacy protection? Did Apple meet our expectations? Let’s... Continue Reading →
Here is an excellent reminder by DuckDuckGo on why we should value (more) our privacy. Tracking people only is much wider than for serving targeted ads. https://vimeo.com/352982792 I'm a proud user of DuckDuckGo for a few months now. It fills 95% of my needs. For the remaining 5%, Ok Google.